University Support Worker and Carer(s) to Postgraduate Broadcast Journalist Student at Solent University (Southampton)
Start Date: September 2021
Our client is a 26-year-old male disabled postgraduate student doing a part-time Masters in Broadcast Journalism at Southampton Solent University. You would be part of his team of Personal Assistants. Whilst the role is varied your primary role would be supporting our client at University, in 12 hour shifts 36/48 hours per week. You will be working alongside his current team of carers/PAs.
As well as being a non-medical help support worker, if you have experience with ‘Adobe Premiere Pro’ and ‘Final Cut’, you will also be able to act as his academic support which will considerably enhance your hourly rate to over £20 per hour during study time.
This is an incredible opportunity to truly make a positive difference to someone else’s life; to say this is rewarding would be an understatement. You will be providing our client’s academic support as well as some aspects of his health and social care. This job offers all the fun side of University as well as the support.
You are unlikely to have experience in every aspect of our client’s care therefore full training in his particular needs is provided.
Pay and Benefits:
£11 per hour
Part-time accommodation provided
5.6 weeks holiday on a pro rata basis
Full training provided
About Our Client:
Having completed his Sports Journalism degree in 2020, he is now halfway through his Masters in Broadcast Journalism. He has an undiagnosed condition, is a permanent power wheelchair user and is non-verbal. He has a wide range of interests including F1 Motorsport, music, films etc. He has a great outgoing personality and a great sense of humour.
Essential Experience/Qualifications Required:
- Current DBS required.
- Energetic, motivated, proactive
- Able to work well in a team
- Calm under pressure and able to adapt to new situations
- Ability to speak and write in English
- Excellent organisational skills
- Basic computer skills
- Care experience is not required as full training for our client’s particular requirements will be given
- A full clean UK driving licence would be helpful – but not essential
- To be eligible for the additional academic support role, you must have experience in ‘Adobe Premiere Pro’ and ‘Final Cut’ software
As this is a vulnerable young adult ALL applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an enhanced discloser via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Physically fit, calm, patient and caring
- Have good organisational skills and the ability to work on your own initiative
- Have a good sense of humour
- Have a mature and responsible attitude
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English.
- Clean and tidy in both your appearance and ways
If you would like to apply for this position, please provide your current CV and cover letter. Please describe your interests in your covering letter.
Send emails to email@example.com
If you would like a brief initial discussion, then please free to call – 07970503000
15 Widmore Close